Turn 5 before August 31, 2013
Turn 5 before August 15, 2013
Download Full Day Kindergarten Pamphlet for Parents
Kindergarten is FULL DAY
• Provides more opportunities for interventions and enrichment
• Allows teachers to spend more time with students individually and with small groups in order to explore key concepts in depth
• Creates more time for interactive/hands-on learningFive year olds work on various activities throughout the day in Kindergarten which encompass active learning, movement, and quiet learning skills.
Age requirementsThe Tennessee State Board of Education has recently modified age of enrollment requirements for Kindergarten. The new birth date guidelines for Kindergarten entry includes:
• For the 2013-2014 school year, students must be five years old by August 31, 2013
• In 2014-15 the cut-off date for Kindergarten will be August 15. Children will need to be five years old by August 15, 2014.